[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 14 15:13:18 CEST 2013

2013/8/14 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> 1. How do we remove a maintainer from a given group?
>
> This needs a specific command.

Yes, it will be human initiated, the question is what command that is,
will it be a new too, or a new option to an existing tool?

>> 2. What happens when the last maintainer is removed from a group?
>> (Should it be allowed? And why?)
>
> e.g. when a package is to be removed from the catalog; probably should
> imply the removal from the catalog, maybe transiting through a "orphaned"
> state.

One more question about groups: Is it just that each package has
own group of maintainers, so it means there are (potentially) as many
groups as there are packages? Or do groups exist independently of
packages, and there are associations between groups and packages?