[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Aug 14 16:12:06 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2013/8/14 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>>> 1. How do we remove a maintainer from a given group?
>>
>> This needs a specific command.
>
> Yes, it will be human initiated, the question is what command that is,
> will it be a new too, or a new option to an existing tool?

A new one as safe_remove_package has too explicitely other
subject. safe_remove_package_maintainer ?

>>> 2. What happens when the last maintainer is removed from a group?
>>> (Should it be allowed? And why?)
>>
>> e.g. when a package is to be removed from the catalog; probably should
>> imply the removal from the catalog, maybe transiting through a "orphaned"
>> state.
>
> One more question about groups: Is it just that each package has
> own group of maintainers, so it means there are (potentially) as many
> groups as there are packages? Or do groups exist independently of
> packages, and there are associations between groups and packages?

Each package has its set/group of maintainers. Is the simplest way.

Of course you can define sort of virtual users which correspond to a
group to which real users are attached and this virtual user can be a
manager, in mantis acception, of a package. How do you attach the real
users to the virtual one is another discussion.
--
Peter