[csw-maintainers] Filezille, wxwidgets and C++

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 4 15:00:42 CEST 2013

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> I was just trying to compile filezilla again now that have a recent wxwidgets
> and noticed that it requires g++ as Sun Studio is lacking some features.
> But wxwidgets was compiled with Sun Studio and so the mangled C++ symbols
> can not be resolved during linking. I guess we should really make plans
> for the bratislava transition.

I think that the kind of packages as wxwidgets, which are used by many
other project should be built with g++. If there is no relevant
performance gain building with SS please use g++. We discussed this
already, even during the new wxwidgets packaging but there is still
reluctance using g++. Can we make a statement about this please?

--
Peter