[csw-maintainers] Filezille, wxwidgets and C++

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 4 15:10:33 CEST 2013

On 04/07/13 15:00, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> I think that the kind of packages as wxwidgets, which are used by many
> other project should be built with g++. If there is no relevant
> performance gain building with SS please use g++. We discussed this
> already, even during the new wxwidgets packaging but there is still
> reluctance using g++. Can we make a statement about this please?

I think the only question is about the performance of g++ on the sparc
platform. I don't know if there's still a significant difference there.

As for switching ABIs: wxwidget is a very good candidate at this point
since we just rebuilt (and fixed!) all its dependencies, and there are
not many.
I propose to try the g++ compatible ABI for Studio on the x86 version,
and use g++ on sparc (to be switched back to Studio w/ g++ compatibility
when it becomes available). How does that sound?

Laurent