libpng15 + dev respin

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Thu May 21 11:48:49 CEST 2015

Le 2015/05/21 09:32 +0200, Dagobert Michelsen a écrit:
> Wouldn’t it be better to have the latest CSWlibpng16-dev provide a symlink?
>   /opt/csw/lib/pkgconfig/libpng.pc -> libpng16.pc

I thought about that, but no. It really needs libpng15, specifically.
Remember it will also add -lpng15 and other versioned stuff. I don't
want to think about doing a build that uses cairo asking for png15 while
using png16 for the current source.

> The import of the unversioned pkgconfig-file seems to have happened some time ago.
> Probably some configure-scripts still contain the search for libpng.pc only?

I don't think so. I checked, it's the same with CentOS 7.1. It's just
the way it's done is a mess. I don't believe many distros try to do what
we're doing, having two different versions concurrently.

Laurent