libpng15 + dev respin

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Thu May 21 17:01:56 CEST 2015

Hi,

Laurent Blume wrote:

> The cause is in cairo.pc:
> Requires.private:   gobject-2.0 glib-2.0      pixman-1 >= 0.16.0
> fontconfig >= 2.2.95 freetype2 >= 9.7.3   libpng xrender >= 0.6 x11 xext
>
> It has to be modified in the cairo_dev package to match the library
> used, eg it should be «libpng15» here (so it picks up libpng15.pc).

you should have libpng15.pc and libpng16.pc now. What is the problem As
you describe it it is not in the png package but in the cairo package.

I understand that you want cairo-dev always pick up the current png, but
"record" which version it is using, e.g.  png15, so that when png16
comes out it continues to work.

Perhaps rebuilding cairo-dev helps? Perhaps it is not natively possible.

As soon as I can upload the new png packages, the frist person that will
rebuild cairo will need to update this:

BUILD_DEP_PKGS += CSWlibpng-dev
BUILD_DEP_PKGS += CSWlibpng16-dev

I will try that, but I don't know if it will "fix" the issue you are
seeing, when libpng17 will be out.

Riccardo