[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs git, git_completion, git_cvs, git_dev(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Jun 3 17:46:30 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Jun 02 16:09:48 -0400 2011:
>
>> "I think the current behaviour of gar is a bad idea. But you think
>> it's a good idea.  Therefore, no vote will happen" [?]
>
> You set it up.  You write it up.  We can run it.

I am willing to do that.

A slight adjustment, since Dagobert just posted on the maintainers
list that he changed his position on the issue(and he suggested that
we proceed that way without voting):
Will you now act in the way you seem to think I should act, and change
*your* position?
Or will you insist on having a vote?

>> Is that how things will work, in the new world order?
>
> It's not something I think we should waste time with.  If you want to
> waste yours, that's up to you.

either way, it would be beneficial to see an official notice on how
things will work.
ie: a writeup by "the board", on how official votes are triggered.