[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_algorithm_checkdigits, pm_algorith(...)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Mar 9 22:41:20 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
>> Would one of you gents please give me a specific example of this?
>> Hopefuly, that will help me understand it better, and so not worry
>> about it.
>
> I thought I did but here we go again:

Trouble is, it was ambiguous. it switches between examples.
and....

> Normally the CPAN modules have two or three words, example
> Geo::IP::PurePerl, in this case it's no problem, here's the old names:
>
> CSWpmgeoippureperl / pm_geoippureperl
>

> No clashes there. The problem is with one word CPAN modules like DBI. Old names:
>
> CSWpmdbi / pm_dbi
>
> New names here would be CSWpm-dbi / pm_dbi. Package name is ok since
> we add a hyphen but catalogname will be the same, hence my creative
> adding of a "2".

and you didnt say WHICH package gets named with "2"
(you indicated a *set* of packages, but you didnt indicate specifically
 PKGx -> PKGx2.  I made the wrong guess as to which)

Looking at  "*dbi*" now..

ls *dbi*
pm_dbi-1.616,REV=2011.03.07-SunOS5.9-i386-CSW.pkg.gz
pm_dbi-1.616,REV=2011.03.07-SunOS5.9-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz
pm_dbi2-1.616,REV=2011.03.07-SunOS5.9-all-CSW.pkg.gz

whereas previously in current, we have just pm_dbi

So , OLD package:

pm_dbi, CSWpmdbi

NEW packages

pm_dbi2, CSWpmdbi --  Depends on CSWpm-dbi. Transitional package to
pull in new one.
pm_dbi, CSWpm-dbi

> I remember we have used "_stub" before. We could also use "_obsolete".
> Note that this doesn't affect the dependencies since the package names
> are all intact, it's only very few catalognames that need to be
> "fixed" and all of those old packages will go away soon anyway.
>
> To me this is not important but if it's "very important" that these
> 2's become, e.g., pm_dbi_stub instead I could respin those, it's just
> 3-4 packages anyway.

I think that's a good idea. thanks for offering.

So looks to me like we are talking about:

 *json* *dbi* *ldap* *gssapi*

I've moved those aside, and I'm processing the others now