[csw-users] pkg-get help

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at dogan.ch
Sat Nov 18 22:57:30 CET 2006

on 17.11.2006 19:34 Manish Agrawal said the following:

> 2. For wget: You mention about the version in /usr/sfw/bin. So, what should we do with it? LEave it as is? Delete it? If I donwload the new wget, how will it get precedence over this?

With wget it's the same with all other packages on the system. For
example gtk is also coming with Solaris, but the package from Blastwave
is in general newer. It's up to you if you delete the package or not. I
would just leave it. It does not hurt and disks are these days not
expensive.

Ihsan

--
ihsan at dogan.ch          http://ihsan.dogan.ch/