[csw-users] Why support Solaris 8 onwards?

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Fri Sep 21 19:39:25 CEST 2007

http://www.sun.com/service/eosl/solaris/solaris_vintage_eol_5.2005.xml

> I for one am happy to continue maintaining packages until then, and
> migrating
> to whatever new build specifications are arrived at for Solaris 10 and above
> when the bell rings.
>
> One further issue is:  What's the date for Solaris 9?

That link above says TBD so I guess we have no idea. There are rules of
thumb of course.

See :

Solaris Operating System Life Cycle
Sun's Life Cycle Model for the Solaris Operating System
http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/lifecycle.xml

Dennis