[csw-users] Problem reinstalling gcc

Pickering, Roger (NIH/NIAAA) [E] rpickeri at willco.niaaa.nih.gov
Thu May 2 17:56:44 CEST 2013

You're right - I did learn the hard way not to manually remove packages!  As Benjamin Franklin stated, "Experience teaches a dear school, but a fool will learn in no other!".  I am enclosing the output you asked for.   As I understand you - I can use the pkgrm to remove the packages.  Right?  I hope I can install the gcc 4.8!  ;-)

Thanks again for your time and this wonderful utility!
Roger

/export/home/nusers/roger> pkgutil -V
- System -
Pkgutil         2.6.5
Arch            i386
Solaris         5.10
Pkg patch       119318 (119318-01 installed)
GPG binary      /opt/csw/bin/gpg
Gzip binary     /bin/gzip
Mailx binary    /bin/mailx
MD5 binary      /opt/csw/bin/gmd5sum
MD5 module      2.39 (primary choice for MD5)
Perl            5.010001
Perl binary     /bin/perl
Wget binary     /opt/csw/bin/wget
PATH            /bin:/usr/bin

- Configuration -
catalog_not_cached      true (default: true)
catalog_update          14 (default: 14)
deptree_filter_common   false (default: false)
exclude_pattern         not set (default: none)
gpg_homedir             not set (default: none)
maxpkglist              100000 (default: 10000)
mirror                  not set
                        (default: http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing)
noncsw                  1 (default: false)
pkgaddopts              -G -S (default: none)
pkgliststyle            2 (default: 0)
pkgrmopts               not set (default: none)
root_path               not set (default: /)
show_current            true (default: true)
stop_on_hook_soft_error not set (default: false)
use_gpg                 false (default: false)
use_md5                 false (default: false)
wgetopts                not set (default: none)