[csw-buildfarm] request CSWgsed installed

Jake Goerzen jgoerzen at opencsw.org
Mon Dec 1 04:54:57 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>wrote:

> Hi Jake,
>
> Am 30.11.2008 um 08:18 schrieb Jake Goerzen:
> > request CSWgsed installed on buildfarm
>
> GNU sed is a prerequisite for GAR and was always installed on
> all machines. What did you try that you think it wasn't?
>
> Best regards
>
>   -- Dago

Hi Dago,

  oops! ;) It was late and I thought I did a pkginfo | grep CSWgsed and
didn't get any output.  The reason I wanted to install gsed was to try and
finish building an up to date wesnoth package.  I was getting this error
from the linker:

CC -I ./sdl_ttf -I../intl -I../intl -I/opt/csw/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT
-DWESNOTH_PATH=\"/opt/csw/share/wesnoth\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"translations\"
-DHAS_RELATIVE_LOCALEDIR=1 -DFIFODIR=\"/opt/csw/var/run/wesnothd\"
-DHAVE_PYTHON -I/opt/csw/include/python2.5 -DHAVE_FRIBIDI -I/opt/csw/include
-O2 -features=extensions -library=stlport4  -D_X11
-DWESNOTH_BOOST_TEST_MAIN -I/opt/csw/include  -L/opt/csw/lib -lstlport
-lintl -lsocket -lboost_iostreams -lsunmath  -L/opt/csw/lib -o wesnoth
game.o about.o actions.o ai.o ai_dfool.o ai_attack.o ai_move.o ai_python.o
ai_village.o animated_game.o attack_prediction.o config_adapter.o dialogs.o
floating_textbox.o game_display.o game_events.o game_preferences.o
game_preferences_display.o gamestatus.o generate_report.o generic_event.o
halo.o help.o intro.o leader_list.o menu_events.o mouse_events.o
multiplayer.o multiplayer_ui.o multiplayer_wait.o multiplayer_connect.o
multiplayer_create.o multiplayer_lobby.o network.o network_worker.o
pathfind.o playcampaign.o play_controller.o playmp_controller.o
playsingle_controller.o playturn.o publish_campaign.o replay.o
replay_controller.o sha1.o settings.o statistics.o team.o terrain_filter.o
titlescreen.o tooltips.o unit.o unit_abilities.o unit_animation.o
unit_display.o unit_frame.o unit_map.o unit_types.o upload_log.o variable.o
widgets/combo.o widgets/scrollpane.o -L. -lwesnoth-core -lwesnoth -L.
-lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_net  -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -lSDL
-lpthread -lposix4 -L/usr/lib -lpython2.5  -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib
-lfreetype -lz  -lboost_iostreams -L/opt/csw/lib -lfribidi -lX11
ld: elf error: file ./sdl_ttf: elf_begin: I/O error: region read: Is a
directory
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to wesnoth

After some googling I thought maybe it would be gsed.  I have successfully
compiled and packaged this version on a local maching I have with Solaris 10
and Studio 12.  It compiles fine and runs great too.  However, when I
attemtp the build on Solaris 8 w/ Stutio 11 I get the link error.  There are
some things that are being configured different (or included) between the
two environments and I'm going to have to look into this ./sdl_ttf stuff
too.

Thanks, Jake