[csw-buildfarm] help with deps for sqsh

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 15 23:46:32 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

Am 15.12.2011 um 06:32 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
> I've adapted the example you sent to create a Makefile for sqsh

I took the liberty of standardizing the Makefile a bit to latest standards
and fix all issues I encountered:
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/16531

> I've tried to build on unstable9s
>
> It successfully builds the modulation isa-sparcv8-dbdriver-ocs (but only
> without readline support):
> daniel at unstable9s :~/opencsw/sqsh/trunk > find . -name sqsh -type f
> ./work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8-dbdriver-ocs/sqsh-2.1.7/src/sqsh
> ./work/solaris9-sparc/install-isa-sparcv8-dbdriver-ocs/opt/csw/bin/sqsh
>
> However, the freetds modulation fails (see detail below) - it doesn't
> seem to recognise FreeTDS
>
> Looking inside configure, I can see that it wants to find libtds.a
> somewhere, but CSWfreetds only provides the libtdsS.* shared objects, so
> the FreeTDS modulation actually proceeds as if it should use the OCS libs.
>
> Do you think it is better to
> - arrange a freetds-dev package providing libtds.a, or
> - patch sqsh/configure to avoid the check for libtds.a, or
> - some other approach?

I have addad a reinplace to use the shared libct.so library.

> I try to compile with --with-readline, but that also fails at linking
> due to -lreadline

The libdir detection requires here the uncommon LIBDIRS and INCDIRS which I
have added. readline support works now.

> Also could we try this on the unstable10[sx] machines - maybe you can
> rsync the /opt/csw/sybase stuff across to unstable10s?

I copied over /opt/csw/sybase from unstable9s to unstable10s. Unfortunately
I don't have to happen Sybase 12.5 i386 32 bit, can you provide that?

The other option would be a Solaris 10 amd64 version linked against Sybase.
Sybase 15 has been installed on unstable10x on /opt/csw/sybase but I haven't
had enough to finish this now.

IMHO the recipe looks good now, I have now packages for Sybase and FreeTDS
for Solaris 9 Sparc put in /home/experimental/sqsh. However, preserveconf for
the sqshrc is not registered properly and I need to look at that some later time.

A new version of freetds 0.91 is also still waiting for update, but the testsuite
requires a running SQL Server which I don't have right now, it would be cool
if you could respin it and run the testsuite.