[cfarm-admins] Offer for Sparc machines

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Aug 14 15:40:56 CEST 2018

Hi Baptiste,

quick heads up: I have setup the Sparc Server
  M3000
  32 GB Memory
  SPARC64-VII 2520 MHz with 4 Cores with Hyperthreading (8 Cores visible)

I have setup 2 zones:
  gcc-solaris10		Solaris 10 Branded Zone on Solaris 11 System
  gcc-solaris11		Solaris 11 Zone

Next steps for me (please comment if this is ok or if you have better suggestions):

The global zone will only be accessible from our internal network, the zones
will have static dedicated IPs with DNS names
  gcc-solaris10.baltic-online.de
  gcc-solaris11.baltic-online.de
Homedirectories for users will be shared among these zones.

There will be firewall-rules in place to filter except incoming 22.
I notice that some hosts allow incoming 443 at
  https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/machines/list/
Should I also allow this? Should outgoing TCP be allowed? On all target ports?

I have ordered two additional disks for mirrored home with 2 TB
which should arrive later this week.

If you have SSH-keys for ansible access please send them to me.
Do you need this as root or should I setup sudo?

Best regards

  — Dago