[csw-dev] checkpkg problem

Aubrey Li aubreylee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:24:15 CEST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> "Aubrey Li" <aubreylee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Aubrey Li <aubreylee at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 9:32 PM,  <Murray.Jensen at csiro.au> wrote:
>  > >  > On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:46:52 +0800, "Aubrey Li" writes:
>  > >  >  >NAME=pmtools
>  > >  >
>  > >  >  NAME must have the "real" package name (i.e. not the system V CSW... name)
>  > >  >  followed by " - " and a short description (the sed pattern should have
>  > >  >  given it away). Cheers!
>  > >  >                                                                 Murray...
>  >
>  > I got another check error - cpio error, see below please.
>  > the package is ok except this error.
>  > any hints?
>  >

> > desc='ACPI utilities'
>  > pkgname='CSWpmtools'
>  > version='20071116,REV=2008.03.30'
>  > maintainer name='Aubrey Li'
>  > maint email='aubrey at blastwave.org'
>  > hotline='http://www.blastwave.org/bugtrack/'
>  > basedir='/opt/csw'
>  >
>  > Extracing pkg for examination of files...
>  > cpio: Impossible header type.         <============= here
>
>  This message is usually seen when Sun's cpio tries to extract a POSIXly correct
>  TAR archive.

So do you mean the package has no problem, and we can ignore this
message, can't we?
If we can't ignore this message, how to fix this issue? I just used
the script to create package.
Is there any choice to make a TAR archive which makes Sun's cpio happy?
or don't use Sun's cpio?

Thanks,
-Aubrey