[csw-dev] checkpkg problem

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Mon Mar 31 18:31:44 CEST 2008

"Aubrey Li" <aubreylee at gmail.com> wrote:

> So do you mean the package has no problem, and we can ignore this
> message, can't we?
> If we can't ignore this message, how to fix this issue? I just used
> the script to create package.
> Is there any choice to make a TAR archive which makes Sun's cpio happy?
> or don't use Sun's cpio?

The SYSv package format is not expected to use TAR archives and it defaults to
unpack things with Sun's cpio.

The real problem may be in Phil's unpack KSH script that tries to find the size
of a header and then skips it. Without being able to look into the archive that
cpio unpacks at that time, I cannot tell more.

Maybe this is Phil's task ;-)

Jörg

       schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de     (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/