[csw-devel] Atom feed with releases to unstable

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Mar 19 14:06:40 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Sat Mar 19 07:12:22 -0400 2011:

> Implementing the atom feed would require setting up a new feed
> served by http, and a glue code between the catalog notifier and the
> feed data backend (e.g. mysql).

It seems to me that this could be done by the notifier itself.  The
catalog parser and comparator parts would remain the same.  The data
that generates the email notification from the template would just
need a second step that appends to the xml atom feed...or maybe calls
out to a separate tool that does this.

At that point, it's just a matter of making the atom feed visible.

I think that right around here[1] a bit of code would be added that
uses the catalog comparator code (already self contained) and spits
makes the appropriate changes to the feed.  It might make sense to
factor out the calls to catalog comparator from the
NotificationFormatter too, but I didn't look too deeply at that.

Maciej, is this roughly accurate?

Thanks
-Ben

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/gar/v2/lib/python/catalog_notifier.py#L251