[csw-devel] SF.net SVN: gar:[18158] csw/mgar/pkg/t1lib/trunk/Makefile

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu May 31 22:27:30 CEST 2012

2012/5/31 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:

> "Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> 2012/5/29 <pfelecan at users.sourceforge.net>
>>
>>> +# why is this? .so are just symbolic links:
>>> +CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWt1lib-dev        +=      archall-devel-package
>>>

>> Discussion on maintainers:
>> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2010-February/011234.html
>>
>> Are you sure that you get identical header results on both architectures?
>
> Quite. BTW, the headers are not generated but supplied as is from
> upstream. TBT[1]

You can override the error and package arch-independent headers, but
for the checking purposes we decided that a cost of a mistake is less
if you create arch-dependent packages by default. The only downside is
a tiny increase in catalog size (completely dwarfed by other packages
we have). If you make a mistake by creating an arch-independent
package, the costs are much higher, because it will cause weird
compilation problems, draining hours of people's time. For simplicity,
we always create arch-dependent development packages.

If you create arch-independent package, you'll need to add overrides,
that's all. The choice is of course, yours.

Maciej