freetype/ fontconfig issues

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 25 16:11:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

> I would use
>   EXTRA_CPPFLAGS += -I$(includedir)/freetype2
>
> EXTRA_INC is super-old crap I inherited, I suggest not to use it.
> Adding explicit to CONFIGURE is ugly and should only be done in an
> emergency ;-)

I agree it is ugly :) and it didn't work any better!
It doesn't work for me though, it looks at it has no effect, building on
solaris 9 continues to fail.ù

I tried manually going into the build dir and issuing:
work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/gnustep-back-0.25.1 > gmake
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/csw/include/freetype2

and that fixes it, so the "fix" to pass the CPPFLAGS to make is correct,
but it is not happening.

$(includedir) is also much better I suppose?

Riccardo