freetype/ fontconfig issues

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 25 16:21:58 CEST 2017

Hi Riccardo,

I’ll install the packages when they hit the catalog.

> Am 25.04.2017 um 16:11 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>>
>> I would use
>>  EXTRA_CPPFLAGS += -I$(includedir)/freetype2
>>
>> EXTRA_INC is super-old crap I inherited, I suggest not to use it.
>> Adding explicit to CONFIGURE is ugly and should only be done in an emergency ;-)
>
> I agree it is ugly :) and it didn't work any better!
> It doesn't work for me though, it looks at it has no effect, building on solaris 9 continues to fail.ù
>
> I tried manually going into the build dir and issuing:
> work/solaris9-sparc/build-isa-sparcv8/gnustep-back-0.25.1 > gmake CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/csw/include/freetype2
>
> and that fixes it, so the "fix" to pass the CPPFLAGS to make is correct, but it is not happening.

Then this is because CPPFLAGS is directly set in the Makefile of gnustep-back.
By adding it as rgument to gmake you hard-overwrite the value in the Makefile, please
doublecheck the upstream Makefile.

> $(includedir) is also much better I suppose?

No, that is the location where includefiles are installed, do not mess with it.

Best regards

  — Dago