[csw-maintainers] build requirements

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 17 01:57:29 CET 2008

Excerpts from Trygve Laugstøl's message of Tue Dec 16 19:51:58 -0500 2008:
> I assume that 3) would lead to requiring me having /opt/csw/gnu first in
> my path when using git and that is not going to happen.

As far as I've seen at this point, it's simply the test scripts that
are breaking without gnu sed.  As this shouldn't impact the runtime
requirements, I don't think there much worry of a permanent dependence
on gnulinks.

Option #2 seems like the more technically 'correct' thing to do until
you consider that the primary development environment for git is a
completely gnu userland.  At some point, a gnu-ism would creep in
again requiring more work on our part.  Going with gnulinks seems like
it's easier all around.  If it ends up impacting dependencies, then
I'll reconsider.

I appreciate the feedback though! :)

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.