[csw-maintainers] build requirements

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 18 18:32:46 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 01:51:58AM +0100, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> I assume that 3) would lead to requiring me having /opt/csw/gnu first in
> my path when using git and that is not going to happen.

I'll point out that, even though that is not the case for this PARTICULAR
program... a potential way of solving this sort of thing, is to make the
top-level binary be a wrapper script, that does something along the
lines of

export PATH=/opt/csw/gnu:$PATH
exec $0 $*

thus it would only affect the prorgram and its children, rather than the
user's environment at large.