[csw-maintainers] new PHP maintainer needed

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 18 21:09:50 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 02:49:22PM -0500, Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Ihsan Dogan's message of Wed Dec 17 15:02:28 -0500 2008:
>

> > Therefore I would like to ask, if someone can take over this important
> > package.
>
> Also, what is the plan for php4.  As it's no longer supported upstream
> (even for security patches, I understand), what are we to do with it?
>
> http://www.php.net/downloads.php#v4

Just leave it alone. it doesnt conflict with anything.
if we had a generic "php" package, it should certainly be pointed to use
php5 now.
but we dont. so it's a moot point, in my opinion.

I guess it might be nice if the two things that depend on it,
dotproject and drupal, were updated to use php5 though.

Now, back to the more important issue...
Who would like to maintain php5? :-)