[csw-maintainers] new PHP maintainer needed

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 18 20:49:22 CET 2008

Excerpts from Ihsan Dogan's message of Wed Dec 17 15:02:28 -0500 2008:

> Therefore I would like to ask, if someone can take over this important
> package.

Also, what is the plan for php4.  As it's no longer supported upstream
(even for security patches, I understand), what are we to do with it?

http://www.php.net/downloads.php#v4

My feeling is that it should be dropped...php5 has been out long
enough, apps have had time to get ported (where necessary), etc. What
do others think?

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.