[csw-maintainers] git in testing

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Dec 18 23:22:47 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:13:41PM +0100, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Ben Walton wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've dropped the current build of the git* packages in /home/testing.
> > Currently, these are built for solaris 10 on x86 (I don't have a good
> > solaris 8 build environment yet and am waiting for the prequisite
> > packages to be relased so I can do it on the buildfarm).  As yet, I
> > don't know if there are issues building on solaris 8 at all...time
> > will tell.
>
> I think you should add them to Hudson even if they're not accepted yet.

This would be a very bad precedent. Conceptually, I would think it would be
as bad as installing packages on the build machines that have not been
accepted for release.

Packages sometimes do not get accepted for release, because they
SHOULD NOT BE released. This created a large amount of problems
with certain packages last month.