[csw-maintainers] OpenCSW Prefix

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Nov 1 19:32:17 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 01, 2008 at 01:39:04PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> That would imply to also change the package prefix CSW to something
> else.
> I completely agree that it is a Bad Thing(TM) to have two projects work
> on the same prefix. However, the "inheritor" of CSW (Phil, after Alan
> DuBoff) is at OpenCSW and most of the maintainers too. I don't know how
> they feel about changing the prefix. Personally, I think OpenCSW has the
> moral right to stick to /opt/csw, but that is just my opinion and I
> would accept a majority decision on this of course.
>
> Fellow maintainers, what do you think?

Additionally, someone once said that blastwave maintainers (a few months
ago) were supposedly already planning to move THEIR stuff to stop using
"CSW".

I'm guessing that Dennis decided against that, because he likes to claim he
owns everything.
But he does NOT own CSW.
For us to change, undermines us, in my opinion.