[csw-maintainers] OpenCSW Prefix

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 1 21:37:44 CET 2008

Hi Phil

2008/11/1 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>

> > Fellow maintainers, what do you think?
>
> Additionally, someone once said that blastwave maintainers (a few months
> ago) were supposedly already planning to move THEIR stuff to stop using
> "CSW".

Were it to happen, of course, that would be great. But there is no evidence
of this actually happening.

> I'm guessing that Dennis decided against that, because he likes to claim he
> owns everything.
> But he does NOT own CSW.
>

> For us to change, undermines us, in my opinion.

I'm not sure in what way a change to a directory path undermines opencsw.

I am sure that if both organisations plough on regardless using /opt/csw it
will undermine both parties -- it clearly isn't in the best interests of end
users.

And now I come to think of it, the dependency declarations are also going to
be impossible to reliably resolve if two organisations produce software
called CSWfoo, CSWbar...

Gary

--
Gary Law