[csw-maintainers] pkg-get 4.0beta

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Nov 10 18:08:42 CET 2008

FYI: I've done a quickie repackage of pkg-get 4.0beta.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing/pkg_get-4,0,REV=2008.11.10.beta-SunOS5.8-all-CSW.pkg

It's not feature-complete, and has a few bugs in it, im sure.
But it does have things like:

pkg-get -c(compare) only shows installed packages
  (It DOES show "SAME" though, so my mistake on my prior claim about that)

pkg-get -c -a shows remote versions of "all" packages, and compares to
   installed, if there is a version installed.

pkg-get -u -v   shows how many bytes would be downloaded,
  AND shows dependancies that would have to be downloaded.
Sample:

$ /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -v -u pidgin
DEBUG-ONLY/VERBOSE MODE: level=1
           CSWpidgin                         pidgin 10763591 bytes
              CSWpng                            png 587563 bytes

There are also a few misc bugfixes here and there.

This is actually code I wrote waay back, many months ago, and released as
a beta package, that got buried with Dennis's powerplay.
January 2008, even. Although I dont remember when I published the prior
"beta" package.

Now that things have calmed down, I will hopefully be able to bring it up
to good enough quality for a full release. Particularly if people show
interest and give me a nudge , or some feedback ;-)