[csw-maintainers] newpkgs notes, on why packages may be held there

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Nov 10 20:39:14 CET 2008

FYI: Becaue I tend to forget, myself, I have now started to keep notes on why
particular packages are being 'held' in newpkgs.

I used to keep an old file in my home dir, but it will be
 /home/newpkgs/00-README
from now on.
Nice and easy to spot now.

and also FYI: I always email people when there are issues with their
packages. There is no additional requirement for people to go read that
file themselves. This is just so I can delete my old emails safely,
without forgetting why a package is sitting there. Or as a reminder to YOU,
if you happen to forget the issue with your own package ;-)