[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Alessio a.cervellin at acm.org
Tue Nov 11 23:38:13 CET 2008

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:36:33PM +0100, Alessio wrote:
>> Philip Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Yet you are spending all your time on a package that we dont actually
>>> "need" at the moment.
>> not really true, many people complained about the lack of an open
>> pkg-fetching tool.
>
> That is true, multiple people complained about that issue. But it isnt
> exactly a functional "need", in the sense of, "it doesnt make our packages
> work better", or keep them up to date any faster, etc.

this is not the point: having a direction board, or having a distributed
build farms, or having a wiki, or having an open packaging system, and
so on don't make packages work better too, but they are priority things
to debate before we continue releasing/updating packages, IMHO.

> To my mind, the more pressing need, is to update our out-of-date packages.

to your mind, to my mind the more pressing needs are the ones i listed
in the mail "the real 1st step" of august 11th, and many if you agreed
about it (you too).
briefly, priorities are the definition of the community, of the rules,
of the management, of the direction board, of the pkg-fetching tool
"reference implementation", of the catalog format, of the joining rules,
and many other things.
later, you can update packages... otherwise, this is blastwave.