[csw-maintainers] ARCH=all packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 11 23:46:38 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:38:13PM +0100, Alessio wrote:
> > That is true, multiple people complained about that issue. But it isnt
> > exactly a functional "need", in the sense of, "it doesnt make our packages
> > work better", or keep them up to date any faster, etc.
>
> this is not the point: having a direction board, or having a distributed
> build farms, or having a wiki, or having an open packaging system, and
> so on don't make packages work better too, but they are priority things
> to debate before we continue releasing/updating packages, IMHO.

I think that those things can continue to be worked on in parallel to
updating packages.

> to your mind, to my mind the more pressing needs are the ones i listed
> in the mail "the real 1st step" of august 11th, and many if you agreed
> about it (you too).

and I believe they are all listed on the wiki page that peter referenced,
and some of them have been listed as already being addressed.
Progress is being made in the areas you have listed concerns in.
Further progress will be made at the IRL meeting.
Meantime, lets also continue to meet the needs of our users, rather than
bring things to a grinding halt, Dennis-style.