[csw-maintainers] Runtime linker pathes in GAR

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 1 11:03:20 CEST 2009

On 01/04/09, 00:52:31, Chad Harp <harpchad at opencsw.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-maintainers] Runtime linker pathes in GAR:

> Phil, can checkpkg detect some of the common cases?  I'm thinking at
> least /opt/csw/bin/\$ISALIST and /opt/csw/bin/SALIST since those
> would indicate a bad RUNPATHQUOTE value.  James can probably give us
> an idea of what he's coming across the most.

/opt/csw/lib/\$ISALIST
/opt/csw/lib/\SALIST
/opt/csw/lib/\$$ISALIST
/opt/csw/lib/SALIST
/opt/csw/lib/-R/

but checking for bad paths is the wrong way to find errors.  I check
for good paths (directory exists and/or is valid dynamic linker token)
and throw up anything else.

The nice thing about using LD_OPTIONS is it doesn't need escaping
(more than initially) and can put $ISALIST first without libtool
interfering.

James.