[csw-maintainers] inetd.conf entries for solaris 10

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Apr 6 19:37:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:56:31AM -0400, Darin Perusich wrote:
> Where can I find documentation/examples for dealing with inetd.conf/SMF
> entries? I need to convert a few inetd.conf entries and while using
> inetconv will give me what I need I'd prefer to provide the manifest.

in sol10, the inetd.conf stuff is kinda deprecated.
you run inetdconv (or whatever), to slurp up whatever is in inetd.conf, and
  autogenerate a "real" smf definition for it.

You could just look at what was generated for SMF for some test run of the
above, and then make your package use that directly, instead of messing
with inetd.conf in sol10.

(Note to Peter B: bettter still would be running qpopper, etc, as a full
  demon autorestarted via SMF, if possible, rather than inetd, on sol10)