[csw-maintainers] inetd.conf entries for solaris 10

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Mon Apr 6 20:11:29 CEST 2009

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:56:31AM -0400, Darin Perusich wrote:
>> Where can I find documentation/examples for dealing with inetd.conf/SMF
>> entries? I need to convert a few inetd.conf entries and while using
>> inetconv will give me what I need I'd prefer to provide the manifest.
>>

> in sol10, the inetd.conf stuff is kinda deprecated.
> you run inetdconv (or whatever), to slurp up whatever is in inetd.conf, and
>   autogenerate a "real" smf definition for it.

This is my plan and I've already done so.

> You could just look at what was generated for SMF for some test run of the
> above, and then make your package use that directly, instead of messing
> with inetd.conf in sol10.

This is why I'm asking for documentation or an example of creating a
package in such a way. While SMF may be the "proper" way on 10 I'm going
to do what works, has always worked, and still does, init.d script and
inetconv for inetd things.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator