[csw-maintainers] migrating inetd.conf entries to SMF for sol10

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Mon Apr 6 21:59:00 CEST 2009

I changed the subject to better describe what I'm looking to do :-).

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 02:11:29PM -0400, Darin Perusich wrote:
>> This is why I'm asking for documentation or an example of creating a
>> package in such a way. While SMF may be the "proper" way on 10 I'm going
>> to do what works, has always worked, and still does, init.d script and
>> inetconv for inetd things.
>
> oh... so to be specific, you're looking at examples of how to handle stuff
> in inetd.conf for sol8/9, IN CONTRAST to the solaris 10 way?

I'm currently using postinstall script to check for the entries and add
them if they don't exist and nothing special for Solaris 10.

> You COULD make a package for it, that does nothing to the inetd conf.
> Or you could make an explicit postinstall script.
>
> Or... you could be "noble", and make a new classutils class action script
> for it :)

This is what I was looking for, where are the docs/examples explaining
how this classutils works?

> so on sol8/9 it would auto insert/update/.... inetd.conf, and
>   in sol10 it would auto SMF it.
>
> you could allow for a file like for the cswusergroup class....
>
> /opt/csw/etc/pkg/[pkgname]/cswinetdconf
>
> with one or more lines in inetdconf style, that would be the trigger
> for the class action script.
> Although you would also potentially require some entries for any
> "new" /etc/services entries, if they were required.

The existing postinstall already adds to services so that's taken care of.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
Email: darinper at cognigencorp.com