[csw-maintainers] Package documentation on wiki.opencsw.org

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 19 17:52:19 CEST 2009

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 02:11:45PM +0200, Trygve Laugst�l wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I used some wikidot magic to automatically create the list of packages
>> on that is shown on [1]. It will now automatically list all the pages
>> tagged with "package". So if you write some documentation for a package,
>> please tag it with "package" and it'll show up automatically.
>>
>> [1]: http://wiki.opencsw.org/packages
>
> nice trick!
>

> Perhaps you could pick a different title for the page, and possible url,
> though?
>
> "packagedocs"  perhaps?

I tried to think of a better name, but I couldn't really find a name I
liked more so I just went with what already was there.

One thing I've been thinking about is creating documentation for users
and (future) maintainers. If I where to take over a package I would
appreciate some documentation on how to test the package.

How about creating two tags:
* user-doc: documentation for users (basically what those pages are today)
* maintainer-doc: documentation for maintainers, which would include
tricks to build the package and how to test it.

--
Trygve