[csw-maintainers] Package documentation on wiki.opencsw.org

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Apr 20 04:52:38 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 05:52:19PM +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
>> Perhaps you could pick a different title for the page, and possible url,
>> though?
>>
>> "packagedocs"  perhaps?
>
> I tried to think of a better name, but I couldn't really find a name I
> liked more so I just went with what already was there.

but what was there, does not suit the purpose :-/
The usage conflicts with the core site's
http://www.opencsw.org/packages

To my mind, I think that for
http://XXXX.opencsw.org/NAMEHERE
that "NAMEHERE", should ideally be somewhat unique across the organization,
reguardless of which specific sub-site it is currently hosted it.

> One thing I've been thinking about is creating documentation for users
> and (future) maintainers. If I where to take over a package I would
> appreciate some documentation on how to test the package.
>
> How about creating two tags:
> * user-doc: documentation for users (basically what those pages are today)
> * maintainer-doc: documentation for maintainers, which would include
> tricks to build the package and how to test it.

makes sense. ideally, they would somehow automatically have a button or
link to toggle between userlevel and maintainer level docs.

(not the same page; just that each page links to its counterpart)