[csw-maintainers] Package documentation on wiki.opencsw.org

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 20 10:47:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am 20.04.2009 um 04:52 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 05:52:19PM +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
>> Philip Brown wrote:
>>> Perhaps you could pick a different title for the page, and
>>> possible url,
>>> though?
>>>
>>> "packagedocs"  perhaps?
>>
>> I tried to think of a better name, but I couldn't really find a
>> name I
>> liked more so I just went with what already was there.
>
> but what was there, does not suit the purpose :-/
> The usage conflicts with the core site's
> http://www.opencsw.org/packages
>
> To my mind, I think that for
> http://XXXX.opencsw.org/NAMEHERE
> that "NAMEHERE", should ideally be somewhat unique across the
> organization,
> reguardless of which specific sub-site it is currently hosted it.

Yes. Ideally, opencsw.org/packages and the wikidot package page
information
should be on one package, with automated content from OpenCSW and wiki
content. Maybe on the new website? BTW, is someone currently working on
it? I remember we had some helping hands offers :-)

>> One thing I've been thinking about is creating documentation for
>> users
>> and (future) maintainers. If I where to take over a package I would
>> appreciate some documentation on how to test the package.
>>
>> How about creating two tags:
>> * user-doc: documentation for users (basically what those pages are
>> today)
>> * maintainer-doc: documentation for maintainers, which would include
>> tricks to build the package and how to test it.
>
> makes sense. ideally, they would somehow automatically have a button
> or
> link to toggle between userlevel and maintainer level docs.
>
> (not the same page; just that each page links to its counterpart)

The maintainer doc should be in the GAR Wiki. It was just moved to
Trac and a tight integration of code and wiki-content is possible
now.