[csw-maintainers] [board] maintainer registration?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Fri Aug 28 19:31:53 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Am 27.08.2009 um 22:19 schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

>>> Usually on maintainers@, but you have to post from your opencsw.org
>>> account
>>> on the list which you may or may not (Ihsan?) have yet.
>>>

>> I haven't got an opencsw.org account as far as I know - I've tried to
>> subscribe to that list using my main email address,
>> daniel at pocock.com.au -
>> I think it is waiting for someone to approve, because I haven't received
>> the confirmation email yet
>
> You can not subscribe yourself, only the list admin can do that (Ihsan in
> this case).

Ok, I'm not sure if it has been done

>>> Please choose the name of what is in it. If there is only a library
>>> in it
>>> please use CSWlibconfigure for the package and libconfuse for the
>>> catalog.
>>>

>> When you extract the file confuse-2.6.tar.gz, you get a directory
>> called confuse-2.6
>> Therefore, should I call it CSWconfuse (which works), or tweak
>> DISTNAME and WORKSRC so that the package name can be CSWlibconfuse?
>
> As the project describes itself as "libConfuse is a configuration file
> parser library"
> please call it CSWlibconfuse and libconfuse and tweak the vars.

Done

I've now committed libconfuse and updated ganglia to 3.1.2

The ganglia package still has some work to do (installing a config file,
SMF, generating a gmetad and dev package, etc), but at least it is
installing all the necessary binaries now, and they can be run manually.

Any feedback is obviously quite welcome, as I haven't used GAR before,
although make and svn are quite familiar.