[csw-maintainers] (now about sudo)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Dec 8 10:12:02 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> Regardless to whether it makes sense to have both packages installed
>> at the same time, we can consider the general case of providing
>> alternatives.  Let's suppose functionality baz provided by either foo
>> or bar.  We want to type "baz" and have the job done.  However, in
>> some cases we want to use foo or bar specifically.  How do we handle
>> that?
>>

> Whatever you come up with, needs to still allow all packages to be
> installed simultaneously.
>
> Can we do this with sudo now please? :-)

We don't have to do it now.  Here's the reason:

# cat /var/sadm/pkg/CSWsudoldap/save/pspool/CSWsudoldap/pkgmap
: 1 489
1 f none /opt/csw/bin/sudo.ldap 0755 root bin 245232 16892 1254763822
1 i depend 227 20555 1254763830
1 i pkginfo 487 41164 1254763830

Look at the permissions: "/opt/csw/bin/sudo.ldap 0755". The
CSWsudoldap package is contains a binary that is not setuid root.  I
would like to declare CSWsudoldap useless and ignore it for now.
We'll worry about making CSWsudoldap an alternative when it's done
properly, and when it actually works.