[csw-maintainers] (now about sudo)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Dec 8 17:46:50 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:

> # cat /var/sadm/pkg/CSWsudoldap/save/pspool/CSWsudoldap/pkgmap
> : 1 489
> 1 f none /opt/csw/bin/sudo.ldap 0755 root bin 245232 16892 1254763822
> 1 i depend 227 20555 1254763830
> 1 i pkginfo 487 41164 1254763830
>
> Look at the permissions: "/opt/csw/bin/sudo.ldap 0755". The
> CSWsudoldap package is contains a binary that is not setuid root.  I
> would like to declare CSWsudoldap useless and ignore it for now.
> We'll worry about making CSWsudoldap an alternative when it's done
> properly, and when it actually works.

oh wow. that's really sad.

And yet, there IS a (very old) bug filed against the package, about
something else.
Please "do the right thing", and provide a properly packaged version update?
its not like the older version "doesnt work at all". it just needs
site-local fixes for the poor packaging :-(