[csw-maintainers] License and copyright notice

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 3 13:47:10 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 1:11 PM, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to know if there is actually a package (or more) in GAR
> that use a copyright file ?
>
> I am talking about the file which is supposed to have a small content
> saying "This software is distributed under XXX license. Please se
> /opt/csw/this/path for full text" or something like that.

Basically all my packages use this method (it was my idea) but I don't
use a file for the short text. In the GAR spec file I have this
(pkgutil in the example):

==>
%copyright

Please see /opt/csw/share/doc/pkgutil/LICENSE for license information.

<==

Then I put the actual license in the above mentioned file. Only the
line above is shown during pkgadd but the complete license is part of
the package.

--
/peter