[csw-maintainers] License and copyright notice

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Tue Feb 3 14:12:50 CET 2009

Hi Peter
> Basically all my packages use this method (it was my idea) but I don't
> use a file for the short text. In the GAR spec file I have this
> (pkgutil in the example):

Thanks

I was thinking of adding to GAR something like :

LICENSE_CSWlibx11 = GPL2

Which would add the copyright (to gspec file) as you wrote and also the
full license text file to the package, for instance to
/opt/csw/share/license/GARNAME/LICENSE_NAME (GPL2.txt in this case) .

That would remove the copyright from gspec (since it would be
generated), and would take us one step closer to a fully generated gspec
file.

Cheers
W.

--