[csw-maintainers] gnupg dependency error and Mantis configuration

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 3 23:12:38 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Am 03.02.2009 um 20:29 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
>> I just helped a pkgutil user who wanted to install gnupg and it didn't
>> install ncurses as a dependency which it needs. After installing that
>> separately it worked. I checked Mantis and a bug about this missing
>> ncurses dependency was already filed about a week ago. But since the
>> maintainer is Alex Moore I assume no one will handle the bug.
>>
>> Could we configure Mantis so that packages with no active maintainer
>> (in Alex case we know he's retired) get bug notifications posted to
>> this list or similar?
>
> Sebastian, can you reconfigure Mantis to do this?

Yes we can! ;) Not a straight forward Mantis feature, though.

What we could do is add a dummy user account in Mantis with the
maintainers list address as email address. Phil has the information on
which packages have a retired maintainer, so he could then generate a
list of these packages and assign the Mantis dummy account to them in an
automated way.

Phil, what do you think? Feasible from your side (i guess a couple of
adjustments to your user management scripts would be necessary)?

Sebastian