[csw-maintainers] Security alerts and updates

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Thu Feb 5 22:22:31 CET 2009

Hi

As you may have noticed i added a "Security update" category on the main
page of the web site.

I believe this is very important for users, and it is one of the things
we can improve in the project. I am sending this email to start to talk
about the way we should handle alert and update (i consider we are in a
almost perfect world in which we would have of course less ressources
than Debian ou Red Hat, but enough to do things well ).

Should we set up a system to send security alerts ? a mailing list ? a
rss feed ?

How should we provide updates ? patches ? package update ?

Do we have to identify a list of key packages which are under survey
(that means alert will exist only for these packages like openssh,
apache, etc. and not for others)

cheers
W.

--