[csw-maintainers] CSWpuppet released into testing

Gary Law glaw at opencsw.org
Mon Jan 12 21:13:38 CET 2009

2009/1/12 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>

> Hi Gary,
> Am 12.01.2009 um 20:56 schrieb Gary Law:
>
> New version released, with working man pages. Enjoy.
>

> Nice touch to see you also working on upstream documentation :-) I haven't
> used puppet yet, are you using it in your environment? If yes, I would like
> to know how your typical deployment setup looks like.

I'm working on a new infrastructure build out at my current client. It
remains to be seen if puppet is used, it seems to fit the bill and gets my
recommendation, but the team here need to be comfortable with it, so we're
still at proof of concept phase. In previous places I've worked with it in
production, and whilst it has some idiosyncrasies, and out-and-out bugs, but
beats maintaining by hand -- or alternatives like cfengine -- hands down
IMHO.

If you are interested I would recommend the book, Pulling Strings With
Puppet, and the #puppet channel on IRC (where you can often find me too).

--
Gary Law
Email: glaw at opencsw.org