[csw-maintainers] Thematics month proposal

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 18 23:12:17 CET 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> Peter seems to want to completely eliminate any human inspection of
> packages.

You don't have to guess (wrongly) what I want. I have written it down
here: http://wiki.opencsw.org/suggestions

> I say that this is not possible. Given that I have been inspecting
> packages for 6 years now, I hope that the majority of people will trust
> my experience on this.

Computers are not good at handling new problems but they don't let old
ones slip by.

> I'll agree there is some room for improvement, though.

Yes, there is but what are you going to do about but keep stalling?
Disclosing the process and inviting more people to check packages
would be a good start. I'm sure we would get a lot more ideas from
there.

--
/peter