[csw-maintainers] Package page broken

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 31 10:59:43 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> but does james's page, have ALL the features of the existing page?
> I'm not aware that it does.
>
> for example, you cannot search for shared libs
> nor does it link to the mantis section, for an individual package.
>
> I am not averse to replacing the existing page. I'd just like to make sure
> that it is an UPgrade, rather than a sidegrade. Features should be added,
> not traded one for another.

History tells me that your reasoning here means that things will
remain the way they are so I won't waste my time arguing with you.

But I would like to show another useful thing James page has, it shows
symlinks properly. Look at the difference for a package like gnulinks:

http://www.opencsw.org/search/gnulinks
http://www.canoedissent.org.uk/packages/unstable/i386/5.8/CSWgnulinks/files/

I also want to remind you that bzip2 still lacks the isaexec dependency.

--
/peter