[csw-maintainers] mGar RFE *** new make target reset-source ***

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Thu Jul 2 21:42:05 CEST 2009

Hi
> From where? patch, configure or build?
 From whatever :)

My personal need is the following :

. Let say I do work on a package with a large amount of sources (For
example Firefox... ;) )
. I run a compile then choose to change some options in the Makefile
used by GAR
. I would like to do a "make clean and reconfigure" with the lowest
overhead possible.

Actually this process may take some time to make clean, download the
sources again, and extract sources. It may be a question of hour for
Firefox, Thunderbird or Eclipse. So any solution that may help to reduce
this time would be great.

Most of the time i need this after a build, successful or not.
> which unpacks the sources multiple times like
>   work/pristine-<mod>   Pristine, unpatched sources
>   work/patched-<mod>    Patched sources
>   work/build-<mod>      Patches sources that will be worked on
I do really like this !

Many times i have been making cp foo.c foo.c.orig in my working folder.

cheers
W.

--

William                  http://www.wbonnet.net