[csw-maintainers] The source code of www.opencsw.org

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jul 26 17:43:45 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 11:34:57AM +0200, Trygve Laugstøl wrote:
> Can you explain what the security reason for not putting it an SCM is?

"a" source code control mechanism, I dont have much problem with.
putting it in a PUBLIC one, is where my concerns lay.

Beyond that, I dont see the need to force everyone to use one particular
type of scm, just for small web page "code".
If the assorted people working on opencsw web stuff agree to standardize on
one internal-only scheme, i'd go along with it. But frankly, most of the
web related stuff is small enough that the old cycle of

"make a save copy, tweak with the new stuff, publish it, forget about old
 stuff"

is perfectly adequate.